Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Long Time No See...

WOW.... I haven't posted since June 8th. I haven't gone this long between posts ever - I think. 

A lot has been going on; my brother-in-law was here for a week; not long enough for me or Jim. We'd love it if he lived nearby. I cooked like a mad fool and ate like one too. I have yet to get on the scale, but I was able to wear some "fat" pants today, ones that usually fall down without a belt. I didn't need a belt today. Ugh!  

For the last three days, my iPhone has not wanted to charge. I tried several different cords and USB plugs, and nothing worked. So today, I went to the Apple Store. It is always a zoo there, and today was no exception.  I had to wait nearly an hour, but finally I got to see an "expert" - and expert she was!  My phone would not charge with my cords or hers. The diagnosis meant a new phone coming my way - luckily mine is under warranty. But, that also meant I'd lose all the photos I had not uploaded to my computer, which was about 650 pics. So, she suggested that I email them to myself. It took forever!  Ten pics at a time. Now I have to get a thumb drive and transfer the pics to that.  

The new phone is nice; a bit different from the first six plus I had.  But with this one, I can get in with my fingerprint, so I don't have to type the code all the time. That's nice. 

I have joined the Scrabble Club here in the new neighborhood. We meet at the club house every Tuesday afternoon and play 2-3 games. I've met some nice women so far. I had to miss this week, since Jim and I and BIL were getting foot massages and pedicures and they ran long. We didn't complain  (it is heavenly.) Brother-in-law and I got to use the pool one day and he went another time with Jim. I really need to make time to do it three times a week, along with the gym. 

Two weeks ago the fan for the air-conditioning in my car decided it only wanted to work on high. At least it is cool, but the high setting of the fan means my hair is blown about as if I were in a convertible. I really must find the time to get it fixed.  But there is a more pressing issue - I went out to the car one morning last week and found a long crack in the windshield. I assume the hail during the storm that night was the culprit, but I don't know for sure.  AAA is coming tomorrow to replace it. 

My cleaning ladies didn't show up last Friday when they were supposed to, so I fired them. A possible replacement, who was recommended by someone in this neighborhood is coming to do a walk-through tomorrow. She has good references, so I hope it works out  (and that she doesn't charge much more than the last group.)

Wish me luck!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been busy there! Nice that you got to spend quality time with your BIL. And really great that Apple replaced your phone. All good. Hope all works out with the cracked windshield and new cleaning crew. Always happy to see a post here, Judy.

Pat said...

Without doubt you are going to be the star of the scrabble club- as I know to my cost:)

Star said...

You are a busy woman ! Extra Scrabble practice , huh? You are already a formidable opponent !

Celia said...

Sounds like a really good week except for having to hang out with Apple. I love having loved folks come to stay.

Granny Annie said...

I was just looking over my list of unexpected expenses this month. How can so many little things go wrong? Glad you enjoyed your company. I hate to go places in the summer but love for people to come here.

Ginnie said...

Hi Judy: I kept checking your blog and thought maybe you'd decided to quit. Glad you haven't. I just got a comment from the son of one of the British Sailors that my family entertained during WWII ...he found me because of a blog entry I'd written over 10 years ago !! So, that alone makes it worthwhile. All the best to you 2.

joared said...

Being too busy to blog is probably good as you enjoy family and new activities. Hope your physical challenges have lessened or ended.