Wednesday, June 08, 2016

M iss Moppet is a Pain, Part II

Note: this photo is not Moppet and not my house.  This morning I was awoken by a sound I could not interpret. I looked around the room and saw Moppet hanging from a cloth blind in my bedroom.  That is a definite no-no, of course. So I yelled at her to get down, and she did. But not 30 seconds later, she jumped up on another blind  (there are three, ) and I got up to get her off the blind, lest she rip it with her claws.  I suppose it is a good thing she only weighs 7 pounds; otherwise, she'd have ripped them to shreds.  The birds play every morning in the tree and shrubs outside my windows, and for Moppet, this is better than TV.

It makes me wonder how many other times she has done that and I wasn't aware of it.  I inspected the blinds and they look okay - but I don't hold out much hope for them in the future if I can't get her to understand not to do it. I can't put her in another room at night, because her litter pan is in my bathroom, and the only other place in the house I could put it is the kitchen - which is unacceptable. 

Today I wondered if I might have to kennel her at night. I will have to buy one and will, if I need to. She has had complete freedom since she came to live with us at age 8 weeks, so I don't know how she would deal with being caged. But I wonder if that might be the way to handle it. 

What do you think? 

4 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

We had 2 cats that would do party tricks like this, and they ruined parts of our house. The joys of owning hyperactive cats.

Granny Annie said...

My son was hyperactive and when he went on a tear I used to roll him up in a blanket with only his head sticking out and sit him next to me while I read to him. It calmed him and our pediatrician thought I was genius. Maybe Moppet needs you to wrap her and carry her around close to your body. Oh wait, how many people does it take to roll a kitten in a blanket? You don't know enough. LOL

kenju said...

Annie, I wrap her in a towel like a burrito twice a day to apply her ringworm meds!!

Pat said...

You know what I think but then she's not my cat.