Monday, February 23, 2015

Rehab continues...Plus

Even though I had to miss twice last week, due to snow and icy conditions. They decided to increase the difficulty on the two machines I do every time. At first all I could think of was that it would be harder to do them at a higher level. But as I was working the machines, I decided to be grateful for the fact that I am getting enough better that I am able to do them at a higher level.  YAY! Maybe one of these days, I can climb stairs again, without being short of breath!

There is a railroad underpass here in Raleigh, that is hit by a big truck at least once per month. Today, as I was driving on Peace Street, I saw many flashing blue lights ahead. The truck was already out from under the railroad track, but there was a lot of debris on the road; looking like foam insulation. Yuck. I sure am glad I am not the one who has to clean it all up! I tried to get a photo, but the police kept waving me on and I couldn't get the phone open in time. However, as so often happens, there was already a pic of the truck on facebook. Exciting, isn 't it?     LOL This pic was snapped before the police descended on the area. 



We went out to lunch on Sunday with four friends - who wanted to try dim sum. I didn't like the look of any of the offerings, so I ordered from the menu - General Tso's Chicken. Too bad I didn't see it first too. It was not tasty at all; the sauce was dark brown instead of the gingery orange it is in most Asian places. I was so disappointed. An then, after relating the story to the nutritionist at the hospital rehab, she informed me that General Tso's is one of the fattest things on an Asian menu; not good for you at all. I didn't get a pic of the foods because I left my phone at home, accidentally. I felt naked without it. Sure hope I don't do that again soon.

7 comments:

Shiny Rod said...

PF Changs has the best but don't get the store version. Think they call it General Changs. I always go for the lettuce wraps though...

Pat said...

Well you won't make that mistake again.
You are a good example for me when I moan that my wrist still hurts at the end of the day.
And there is no-one there to hear me moan:)

Celia said...

Good to hear you can do more and more. It is hard, I've been rehabbed for my cranky lung problems, but it is so worth. You're accomplishing something.

sage said...

That truck driver must have thought he was special and the bridge was going to rise for him! I hope the weather cooperates for you so the recovery can proceed.

Anonymous said...

I like knowing that you are making progress. That is such great news. The body really does heal, and that is a wonderful thing to have reaffirmed.

Granny Annie said...

If that happens to trucks over and over you would think there would be some huge flashing warning.

Ginnie said...

I've never actually seen a truck stuck like that but I've seen the after effects on our underpass on Old Rt. 1 out of Vass. Not fun !