Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Latest Harp Concert - Valentine's Edition

I wrote before about my former neighbor who is wheel-chair bound; she and her husband are big supporters of the NC Symphony and friends with many of their members. The harpist, Anita Burroughs-Price, regaled us today with another concert - this Valentine's week calling for love songs. If I can figure out how to get a video on the blog, I can show you what a wonderful harp Anita owns, and what a fabulous harpist she is, and how giving of her talents, to share with us. 
The neighbor who hosted us sets a wonderful table or two. Fresh flowers, candles, lanterns and pretty napkins with fancy napkin
rings. My plate was heavy-laden, as always, since we are all such good cooks  (well, they
are.) Ham, broccoli casserole, mac and cheese, croissants, chicken salad and green salad with fruit and berries.....it barley left me room for dessert:  lemon chess pie and a cranberry/nut concoction that I love. I almost forgot to mention the shrimp cocktail, but you can see it in the photos. 

Anita usually joins us for lunch, but today, she had to scoot to Chapel Hill, in preparation for playing at the funeral of a well-loved sports figure coming up in the near future. In his honor, we sang the UNC Fight Song and the video will be shared with his family. 

5 comments:

sage said...

i love the sound of a harp and I have room in our living room for one (but they are expensive and then there is the little problem of needing a harpist). Glad you were able to enjoy the music and the food looks great

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I LOVE the Harp! How wonderful that you were able to go to this fabulous Luncheon, Judy....The Food looks and sounds scrumptious! Sounds like a very special afternoon, my dear!

Granny Annie said...

I remember being maneuvered into going to a harp concert once and dreaded it, only to be amazed at how much can be played on the harp. It was delightful concert.

Ginnie said...

How nice that you are ale to get back to attending wonderful get togethers like that, Judy !!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ...

Ginnie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.