Friday, December 19, 2014

OH, NO! It's just my luck....

When I went to the cardiologist on Thursday, he said I am healing well and look terrific. And then he dropped a bomb. He is moving across the country to Washington State. He said his wife needs to move there so she can take care of her parents. I heartily applaud the reason for going, but I am so sad to see him go. I will see him again in March, but he leaves in April.

Our loss is Washington's gain. He is an excellent cardiologist and a research scientist as well. He already has a new position in a hospital near Seattle. I can only hope that he will be as happy there as he has been here.

He says I can have my choice of any doc in the practice, but the one I want is the head of cardiology and it is hard to get an appointment with him. Maybe I"ll get lucky. 

Meanwhile, the scar
 is healing and most of the glue has fallen off now, which helps with itching. I still don't have much energy, but that will come, I am told, with movement. Since I will start cardiac rehab in a week or so, I'm sure my energy level will go waaaaaay down before it goes higher again. This is certainly  long process.

8 comments:

tiff said...

A long process, but hopefully worth it. Here's to continued recovery and a return to vibrant good health and energy!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to read that your cardiologist is leaving. I do hope you can get an appointment with the doc you want. Maybe your cardiologist can put in a good word for you. I hope he is ready for the higher latitude light in Seattle. Quite a difference from southern latitudes.

Your healing progress really does sound very good, judy.

Beverly said...

I remember when my neurologist left Tampa for New York City. I was so, so sad, but my new one (1995) was so different but such a gem. I still see him.

I will soon be looking for all new doctors since I'm the one moving. That is probably the thing I dislike the most about my move.

I am so glad you are doing well. I hope it continues. Looking forward to seeing you again...sometime.

poopie said...

keep the faith sister! you have to be the florist for my wedding :)

Celia said...

Good news - bad news. Grew up in Seattle and still miss it. Go for the doctor you want. Set up a few appointments in advance. Hope you are past the pillow carrying stage. Merry Christmas to you Judy.

Star said...

You will get there Judy . One step at a time

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

Sorry to hear your doc is moving to Washington, but hopefully you will get the head doc in the practice when he leaves. I'm glad you are healing well.

Ginnie said...

Hang in there Judy. I am sure it will all be worth it in the end, but I wish it would hurry up !!