Monday, March 21, 2005

Ahhhhh, the sounds of Spring...........

Spring is determined to make its presence known around here and the last two days have been glorious. Early this morning one of the harbingers of spring began trumpeting its chorus; no, not the fat red robins or glossy black crows frequently seen in our cul-de-sac - but the humongous tree service truck at the house across the street. Thank God I went to the dentist at 9:00, because I am here to tell you that the sound of the dentist's drill is to me more preferable to the constant, loud drone of chain saws and wood chippers. The tree truck didn't leave until almost dark, which probably means that they will have to come back tomorrow to finish the job.

My neighbor, according to his wife, is not happy unless he has a project. He is always planning or executing some addition or rearrangment of their property (or extraction, as was the case today). Actually, he doesn't "do" any work - he just hires it done and writes the checks. Their gardener/yard man works six days a week and sometimes seven. They could easily win a contest (if we ever had one) for best yard in the neighborhood, while mine would win the booby prize as the worst. That may be a slight exaggeration; at least my yard does not have waist-high weeds, as one does. Seems we go from the sublime to the ridiculous and our yard fits into the category of "Why don't they do something about their landscaping!" In my next life, I have promised myself to marry a man whose priorities match mine, at least where appearances are concerned.

No comments: