Tuesday, March 22, 2022

I Think I May Have a Ghost!

It may be that we have a ghost.  I have motion sensor  lights in several areas of the house. The one that concerns me is the one in my bathroom. It's helpful when I have to get up in the middle of the night. It comes on automatically and goes off after 5 minutes. 


Lately, I have awakened at odd hours of the night and the light is on. At first I blamed it on the cat. I know she sometimes gets up on my bathroom counter at night, because I see little bits of cat litter in the sinks. It sticks in her paws and drops out when she jumps up. However, the last few times the light has come on, I  have noted that the cat is fast asleep beside me.  Since we are the only two beings in the house that can move about freely......it is scary.  What do you think could be the cause?  

6 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Ooh, let's hope it is a benign and friendly one. Try putting another motion light somewhere else in the house and see if it goes on there. Let us know.

kenju said...

I thought about trading places with the one in another bathroom. Maybe they are just old and malfunctioning.

Jeff said...

we have outdoor lights around the house and they often come on from things like blowing snow... we got them for wandering bears!

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Definitely GHOSTS but the nice kind !!

Granny Annie said...

That is kind of scary. Since my kids moved hear here they have my house lit up like a Christmas Tree. Indoor and outdoor motion lights and night lights all over. That is new to me because Ron always wanted the house totally dark. He said we know our way around inside in the dark but the robbers don't.

JeanMac said...

Well,I vote ghost. One night I heard deliberate, rather heavy boots walking in the living room. Wayne was in care and I always barred the bedroom door. When I sat up, Buddy, the cat, was looking toward the hall, next stretched as far as he could. We were both freaked. I was awake for 3 hours, terrified to get up. At 6a.m I phoned my firefighter neighbour and asked him to enter the house.we searched all thru the rooms on both levels - nothing disturbed. When I told my sons they said never stay there alone again.