Friday, December 24, 2021

One of the Best

 We just had one of the best family Christmas celebrations in recent memory! It started with breakfast casserole made by our baby.....she brought it to us this morning. 

About 11:am, we took a wheelchair-accessible van to her home. It was the first time Jim had been there in over two years......but she made this visit possible by renting a wheelchair ramp so Jim could get into her house.  It was decorated to the "nines" for Christmas.....and we loved seeing some of the things we have collected over the years.....our Dickens Village, for one.  A granddaughter set it up and I think she did a wonderful job!



Several people contributed food or cooked it. Shrimp was our appetizer, along with meat balls in the crock pot.  Our grandson loves to cook; he grilled a beef tenderloin to perfection. We had mashed potatoes, broccoli, pineapple souffle and cheesecake. It was all scrumptious! I almost ate too much, but I made myself stop before I reached that point. 


The highlight of the day for me was seeing a video of our family Christmas in our old home, when the grandchildren were young. It was the usual chaos you see at Christmas; we had six kids opening presents simultaneously. I am blessed with six beautiful grandkids, and they were soooooo very cute when they were little. Seeing them all in 2000 was such a treat for us!


I sincerely hope that you had or will have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

4 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful Christmas!

Arkansas Patti said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS JUDY AND JIM,
Sounds like you are having a wonderful Christmas both present and past.
Enjoy the rest of the season and may 2022 be much kinder to the world.

Jeff said...

Merry Christmas, Judy! Glad you were able to spend it with your daughter--it sounds like she went all out to have a ramp and all!

Jeanette said...

I have several videos of myself and my siblings as children at Christmas. They are a treasure to look at. Love the little village!