Monday, March 09, 2020

You Don't Say?!

I have had Achilles tendonitis in my left foot for a few months now. I finally went to the foot doctor; who put me in a black cloth and plastic brace for 30 days - which did nothing to help. Then he tried an air cast (a huge boot), and a script for prednisone for 5 days. 

I went back to see the doc last Friday, and after telling him that my pain level was the same as it had been in the beginning, he said I"d need to take a longer course of prednisone, and he would call in a script to my local pharmacy. After checking the pharmacy twice and finding no script for me, I called the office and asked them to please fax the order to my pharmacy ASAP.  

Meanwhile, I received a voice mail and a text stating that a script was waiting for me at a pharmacy in Bemidji, Minnesota. That seemed odd....but I called them to get details. She said the doc had sent the script to them because they had coupons.....and if I could qualify...my meds would cost a lot less. I asked how much and she said $75. 

SO.......I asked how much it would be without coupons, and she said..............
wait for it........


$11,000.00.....

So, I laughed and laughed and called the doc's office to say he had better come up with an alternative medicine.  I got a call back saying another script had been faxed in for me.  

2 comments:

Star said...

Does that include the flight to Minnesota? I just had a prescription related issue as well. A tube of cream was prescribed. It weighs 30 oz. if I used all in 30 days it would cost $42. But, because of the dosage the doc wrote it for, it should last me 59 days. Therefore insurance considers it a 2 month supply, and I have to pay $84 . For the exact same 30 oz.

Joared said...

That’s incredible! Do take care of yourself.