Tuesday, April 09, 2019

A Movie, A Fashion Show, a Lunch and Scrabble

As I have mentioned before, our clubhouse shows movies every Saturday, and last week, it was "Searching" about an Asian family whose daughter goes missing. It had a really interesting plot twist that no one expected! I recommend this movie if you can find it. 

The local Hadassah group hosted a fashion show put on by Chico's on Sunday. The models were our residents and they all did a good job! It was attended by about 95 people, and we shared a luncheon of our choosing. I had a chicken Caesar salad.  We were given certificates for a 40% discount in the shop or on-line. I can't usually wear their clothing, but maybe a scarf or piece of jewelry would suffice. 

On Monday, I had lunch with the wife of one of my former high-school classmates, Dick Hart. Nancy and I spent two + hours chatting and it was nice to relive old memories. I was proud that I used my google maps to get to and from the restaurant.....I don't really know much about Cary roads, although I learn something new nearly every day. 

Today, as every Tuesday, I played Scrabble. I usually play "Super Scrabble" (the game board is larger and there are more letter tiles than in the regular games.) I didn't win, but it was fun anyway!!




No comments: