Friday, March 09, 2018

A Frustrating Day

Yesterday, I went to my usual grocery and while there, I looked at some lamb chops, which looked a bit old to me,  so I decided not to buy them. They didn't have the number I needed anyway. I asked a butcher if they would have fresh chops tomorrow (Friday) and he said yes.  We are having guests tomorrow and I wanted to serve chops at our meal.  I purchased everything else I needed, and expected to finish out my list today.

So today, I go back to the store, and (lo and behold) there are no lamb chops. I asked another butcher, who told me that they don't get a delivery of the chops until tomorrow. Was I ever upset?!  You bet! 

Then I went to a new Whole Foods that I had not been to yet; expecting them to have nice chops. They had four in a package that looked as if it had been there a week or more. I was beginning to get very frustrated. My daughter advised me to go to a store closer to her home, which I did. They had no chops either. I bought enough chicken salad to have sandwiches, along with some good bread. My daughter then offered to go to a Publix that is about 8 miles from my house, and I took her up on the offer.  She found 8 chops - just the number I need. I will forever be in her debt (for that and many other things.)

Before I got back home, the woman who is supposed to come to lunch tomorrow with her husband, called and asked if we were still expecting them tomorrow. I said most assuredly so and asked if she didn't get my email (in which I expressed my pleasure that they were coming, and gave her directions to our new home.) She did not. I think it may be due to the fact that she has a very old aol.com account, which is not supported any longer.  Either that, or she gave me the wrong email address or I wrote it down wrong. 

They have my address, but they don't have GPS, so I hope they can find me. I think I won't start to cook the chops until they arrive, just in case.

To end on a better note; last night our son, his oldest daughter and her coworker and friend, came for dinner. We enjoyed seeing all of them and meeting her delightful friend, Chloe, who is originally from New Jersey, but now works in Pittsburgh, with my granddaughter, in a psychology lab at UPitt.  They came to Raleigh because their lab is participating in a research project, along with NCSU. It is great to have them here to visit!  

A side note:  I am surely cooking a lot more than usual!!  That doesn't do much for my thought of losing weight before my class reunion in August.....lol



1 comment:

Granny Annie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.