Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Big changes at Casa kenju!

We now have the cats I showed you on June 29th, so after 4 years of no cat litter and no food and water bowls - we now have both. We will adapt  (at least, I will. Not sure about mr. kenju.)

The mama cat disappeared Sat. night and was not seen again until this morning; hiding behind a row of books in the office bookcase. When she was freed from there, she ran like a bat out of hell up two flights of stairs.
My grandson, who located her first, found her again, hiding behind a toilet. She was scared to death, poor baby. After some holding and stroking, she has finally quieted down and is currently sitting on a dining room chair, under the table.

Meanwhile, the kitten is right at home, causing havoc by prancing on the laptop keys and knocking things off tables with her tail. She is settling in much more easily than her mama; oh youth, who rush in where angels fear to tread. Isn't Moppet a beauty?

7 comments:

Celia said...

A beauty indeed!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Gorgeous!!

sage said...

Cats can be fun and a challenge! Enjoy them.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful home those two lucky kitty cats found. Moppet is beautiful, and I'm looking forward to seeing her mama. I'm so glad she warmed up a bit and could sit on the dining room chair under the table. Progress!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Such a gorgeous face----Beautiful, Indeed! Congratulations, my dear Judy.....I know you will have fun with these two new members of the family.

Ginnie said...

Yes, she is very elegant...and congratulations on your long years of marriage. That is practically unheard of in this day and age !

Arkansas Patti said...

I am so glad you opened your heart to that cutie and her scared mom. That will pass. Think automatic litter box Judy. I got a Scoopfree that I love. Takes a special litter but it is absolutely no odor or fuss. Enjoy those newbies.