Saturday, July 01, 2023

July 2 would have been our 59th anniversary...

The second photo was taken two years ago, near our 57th year. How can I get through this day? I had so hoped we would make it to #60, at least. On our 25th anniversary, we didn't have a party or go anywhere fancy to celebrate because that was the year we had to pay for a large Rehearsal Dinner for our oldest child. On our 50th, we didn't have a party or go anywhere fancy to celebrate because Jim was not really well enough to travel. So I was counting on our 60th to have the blowout I thought we deserved. Lesson learned: do not count on the future....it may not happen the way you want it to, and the people with whom you want to be. Make the best of the present time....it may be all you have. Think kind thoughts of me today.....I need them. I miss him terribly, although I will admit to enjoying a well-deserved rest, after a long time of caregiving. Caregiving is not easy (in the best of times) as many of you no doubt know. I needed a rest - but his death is not the way I had hoped to accomplish it. He is out of what must have been severe pain now, at least, I can take comfort in knowing that. Happy anniversary to me, and to any and all who may be celebrating today!

5 comments:

amarkonmywall said...

You’re in my hear and mind. ❤️

Celia said...

Good wishes for your anniversary. I hope you will have people who love you around you tomorrow. May you remember the good times. Hugs.

Connie Kinsey said...

Hugs to you.

kenju said...

Celia, I spent the day with my twin grandchildren and her fiancee, and it was very nice to be with them. Thank for your concern.

David Edward said...

It is a blessing to have such rich memories. Cherish them, always