Monday, July 17, 2023

I am Looking Forward to Two More Trips

Near the end of this month, I am going to Hilton Head with my granddaughter and her fiancee. I love spending time with them, so this is a special treat. Jim and I owned a townhouse on Hilton Head back in the late 80's/early 90's. I have not been back in about 8 years....and I know it has changed a great deal since then. Jim and I always loved going to "The Earl of Sandwich" a quaint restaurant in Coligny Plaza, so they have assured me, we will head back there. The last time, we sat outside . A small creek/lagoon runs under the deck and I looked down and saw frogs, lizards, small fish and tadpoles. I love being out in nature, so that was special. That will be a short trip, however. 
 In August, my daughter and granddaughter and I are going back to my hometown (Charleston, WV) for an all-school reunion. There are over 1000 people signed up, who graduated from 1940 to the 1980's, when the school was changed to a junior high. I doubt there is anyone alive who graduated in 1940, but almost anything can happen! My class roster showed 447 graduates in my class (1958) but not many of them signed up for the reunion. However, we are having a luncheon that afternoon at a country club, and I expect to see about 30 classmates. We always have a lot of fun at reunions. I never understand why more people don't attend. Many of us live far away, but a good many still live in that area, and they still don't come. It's their loss! 

 When we leave Charleston, we are driving to Cleveland, Ohio, to visit my brother-in-law and his family. We saw a few of them at Jim's funeral, but some couldn't attend....so it will be nice to see them again. After that, we will stop in Pennsylvania to visit our Best Man and matron of Honor, and their daughter and grandchildren (I hope). It will be a quick visit, as after that, we will drive to NYC, to visit my twin grandson, who is there in school, getting his PH.D. in Paleontology. His sister will be with us, and his mother will join us in NYC for a few days, and then we all fly home to RDU. It sounds like a long trip (in days), but it really isn't, as our time in each location is short. I think I will need a vacation after that vacation!

2 comments:

oklhdan said...

I hope you have a wonderful time and a safe journey!!!!

kenju said...

The trip to Hilton Head was cancelled (for me), as I ended up in the hospital.
See 2-3 posts above this one.