Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Steroid spinal Injection

One year ago today, I had a steroid injection in my spine, to numb the pain of three bulging discs. The doc said it may work, it may not or it may work for 3 months - or more. Each person responds differently. I had high hopes it would cure me of the excruciating pain I had had for 3 months or more in my shoulder, arm, elbow and hand. But I also knew it may not be successful. 

I post this today to pronounce my gratitude for Dr. Gloria Liu, M.D.,  of Duke University, as the shot was an instant success and it is still working to this day!  I hope if you are in need of such a cure, you will consider it and I hope it will work for you, too!! Thank God, it did for me. 

6 comments:

Beverly said...

I'm so glad it worked. I had success with shots in my shoulder. One that I had in my lower back was good too.

Pat said...

Great to hear Judy.xox

Joared said...

Glad your injection has worked so successfully. My husband had some pain injections for his back -- may have been different than what you've experienced. His first one was very effective, but had successive ones beginning after 3 months and they had lost their power for whatever the reason. Can really empathize with how miserable you must have felt and so glad you've had relief.

Pat said...

So glad this worked Judy. Well done!

JeanMac said...

Wonderful. Back pain is so debilitating.

Glad to see you are keeping busy:)

Unknown said...

Thank you for this great information. I’ve only had one Ultrasound guided injection my hip one time. I’ve been considering it for other issues and this information has been very helpful, things I didn’t know about.
Regards
Ultrasound guided injection