Tuesday, September 05, 2017

No News is Good News - or so they say

But in my case, it means there was no time or inclination to write a post, or I was sick, or in pain.

For about 5 weeks, my neck, arm shoulder and upper back have hurt terribly. I started by going to my chiropractor, but after 7 treatments, I had not seen any improvement. His x-rays showed 5 bone spurs in my neck.  I made an appointment with my orthopedist, who ordered an MRI - which showed three bulging discs (#5-6- and 7).  It was decided that I would receive a steroid shot in my neck - which may or may not help. She also put me on a nerve medication.

I am happy to report that it has helped a great deal!! The severe pain left almost immediately; and although it partly  returned after 2 days, it left again and except for some residual soreness, it is if it never happened.  I am so grateful to be out of that severe pain. At times, my elbow hurt so badly I wanted to cut my arm off.

In the meantime, I am coming down with a cold (passed to me by my child, unwittingly) and a possible UTI, due to side-effects from the nerve medication I am on. 

And today, the death knell came:   my clothes washer (which came with this house) has died. The part to repair it would cost $275, not counting installation. It is a minimum of four years old and I doubt it would be smart to spend $275+ on an older machine. I really wish I had kept my own washer/dryer when we moved here. But this set was only 1-2 years older than mine and I thought it best to save on moving expenses. I guess that was a mistake. 

I'll get over it all, but today, I am royally ticked off.


4 comments:

Marianne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kenju said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Loren said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.