Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Long Time No See.....

We have been too busy to have time to write here. Out to dinner with friends, club events in the neighborhood, family stuff, doctor visits, haircuts and pedicures.....all keep us busy.

Monday, I went to a new audiologist to have my hearing tested - to see how far it has degraded lately. It has not changed drastically, but there is a lessening  (consistent with aging). I also had ear wax buildup, and that has to be removed before the reports can be completed and they can determine what type of hearing aid I need.

My cardiologist requested I have a CBC, so I did that Tuesday.  The internist added a lipid panel and some other tests, that I had not had since my heart surgery. I am SO PLEASED to be able to say that were all within the normal ranges!! Even my triglycerides, which were high two years ago - are now normal.  I have no idea why, since I have not changed any eating habits....LOL.  The nurse cleaned out my right ear and got a chunk of wax the size of a pencil eraser. But more remains. It's always something.  

I also need to find out how much my insurance will pay toward to hearing aids.  The audiologist's office was supposed to call BCBS and let me know what they said, but I have yet to hear from them. I hope that's not a bad sign. 

We had some dear old friends over for dinner on Sunday. It is always nice to see them and never lasts long enough.  I baked two apple pies and sent one home with them. I made beef burgundy (again), fresh green beans and hot rolls. It was delicious (if I do say so myself.) I forgot to take photos of the table setting or the food, but I did get one of the flowers.



Two of my grandchildren visited on Grandparent's Day, but I doubt they even knew that's what it was.  We are always happy to see them, whatever the motivation...LOL  They were hoping to find some leftover pie, but it was not to be. 


One of my grandsons just received an honor. He applied to go on a research trip to Ethiopia  for Middle Stone Age research. In the acceptance letter, the professor from The U. of Texas at Austin (Anthropology) said they had a very strong field of applicants, and he should be proud of his acceptance to this highly competitive program.  I am sure he is proud, but no more so than his grandparents and the rest of the family. We pray he will have a successful experience and return home safely.  Love you, Jordan.


8 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

It's good you are busy and that your life is full, but I'm glad it's not just full of doctor's appointments etc.

I think I need my ears de-waxed too!

sage said...

Glad to hear of the good doctor reports! Life continues to be busy for you and that's good.

Pat said...

So pleased all is going well.
My hearing isn't great but I don't get wax and rarely wear my hearing aids.
Sometimes when I'm feeling useless I tell myself my darling grandchildren wouldn't be here but for me.

Celia said...

Busy is good especially when its with people you love. Good news about your triglycerides. Glad to hear you are well.

Anonymous said...

All good news! I am especially happy about your grandson's interest in Middle Stone Age research. That is really very cool. I majored in Anthropology in college, and it is such a wonderful way to get to know the world.

Granny Annie said...

I envy your good medical reports and your visits from grands.

joared said...

Good news on your health results. Lucky you to have family so close by and can enjoy them.

Pat said...

I'm delighted all seems to be going well with you and the family. One can't ask for more and long may it continue.