Sunday, July 24, 2016

An Interesting Coincidence on Facebook

I belong to a Facebook site called  "All of Us West Virginians"  (which is self-explanatory.)  Tonight I noticed a post by a woman about her husband's grandmother, who lives in the area in which my great-grandparents lived when I was a child.  The woman's last name is familiar to me, since my mom used to tell me anecdotes about that family. I don't remember anything but their name, though. 

I commented that maybe this lady knew my great grandparents, and told their names. She wrote back that the lady remembers a man by that name who lived "across the river" - and yes - it was my great-grandfather. She also remembered one of his sons, who she named. He was my great uncle. 

Isn't it nice to know that someone other than me and those in my family remember some of our ancestors. She also said that her grandmama had the same last name as our family, so she could be related too.

I think Facebook is great!!  

5 comments:

Granny Annie said...

More proof of six degrees of separation:-)

Anonymous said...

The best part of social media is finding long ago connections. This is wonderful!

Pat said...

I love it when that happens.

sage said...

A nice coincidence!

Ginnie said...

It's always fun to make connections like that. Are you enjoying the heat, Judy???