Saturday, May 14, 2016

Busy, Busy Week

and no let up in sight!  (which makes me happy)

Thirsty Thursdays (mentioned in my last post) had to be shortened due to intense storms arising. But it was nice while it lasted (an hour) and we met 4-5 people who we had not met before. There is a very nice group here and we are pleased to get to know some of them.

Friday night we invited our across-the-street neighbors over for dessert and coffee - a pay-back for their entertaining us in Feb. They were due to come here in March, but then I fell and broke my collarbone and it had to be postponed. It was nice to renew our acquaintance and I think they enjoyed it too. 

Today I did something that I have wanted to do for ten long years.  In 2006, I started reading a blog written by a woman who lived in Raleigh at the time, but she was from my home town (Charleston, WV). Seven years ago, she and her family moved back there - and although I visit Charleston from time to time - I despaired of ever meeting 
Jennifer. I had to make do with being Facebook friends.  Today, I did meet her!!  She is in Raleigh this weekend, visiting friends, and I made the cut!   LOL  We met at a gelato/coffee shop and had one of each. It was way too short (only one hour) but we both had dinner plans, and had to part. She is every bit as nice and sweet as I always imagined she would be; as well as very accomplished - even though we didn't talk about her work today - and I would love to know more about it. 

Dinner tonight was at a restaurant nearby where one of my grandchildren is a waitperson. We couldn't sit at her table, but we had a nice dinner and she came to see us as often as her tables allowed.  I had blackened tilapia and it was very tasty. 

I think that tomorrow (when we have nothing planned) I may sit in my chair and read all day long!  I need a rest after last week, and I need to finish the book for our book club, which meets here in ten days.  200 more pages will do it.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are back to your old self. I always love it when I get to meet cyber buddies in person.

LL Cool Joe said...

Well it sounds like you are very busy, which is always a good sign. I like the expression Waitperson, I've never heard it before. And I'm glad you had such a good time with your blogging buddy.

Granny Annie said...

Glad to hear a lilt in your voice:-)

Pat said...

It's great when one's expectations are fulfilled.
I'm wondering what a blackened tilapia is. I've had a very sheltered life:)