Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Doctor(s)

I saw the "shoulder" doctor yesterday and got a bit of good news. I can retire that damnable sling forever. I can drive short distances, if I am careful. I can do anything that doesn't make my shoulder hurt, including physical therapy for my hip  (which I have been doing, but modified since I broke my clavicle.) There is a bump on top of my shoulder, and when I asked what it is, the doc said it is part of your clavicle.  I guess it was out of place after the fracture and the only way to get it back is surgery, for which I will not opt. It isn't too prominent and it doesn't hurt  (mostly.)

The hip doctor appointment is on Friday; and I hope she will tell me I can stop physical therapy soon. It has helped my sciatica some, but it still hurts nearly everyday. I will still be going to the health club and using the pool, so I won't stop exercising even if I stop therapy.  I am hoping she can give me a shot to help the pain.

We are going out to dinner with six friends soon; Italian night at their club. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again. Two of them are picking us up, since we didn't know if I could drive by now or not.  It is good to be chauffeured!  

What's new with you?




7 comments:

tiff said...

My life is nowhere nearly as momentous as yours. I'm OK with that.

Happy days to you - driving again!!

rosemary said...

Steve has surgery Thursday. I will be playing Nurse Ratchet for a few months......pretty exciting, huh?

sage said...

Well, I have a doctor visit on Friday and another in two weeks.... I hope you had a good time with friends and good Italian food.

Betty said...

I'm glad you're mobile again. Must be a relief.

joared said...

Glad to read you're mending so well. Sciatica is truly a pain as I recall my mother experienced. Pollens from all the beautiful blooms have created issues for me the past month. Finally had to go to Urgent Care with ear infection. Guess having less tolerance must have built up in my system as I've aged, or maybe it's partly the dryness in our atmosphere.

Granny Annie said...

Happy that you are rid of the sling. Did you ever share your design ideas for a better sling with anyone? Right now it appears I am going to need more shots in my wrists. I try to put it off because I know my mother suffered with the same kind of pain and never sought any help. She just lived with the pain and I always think I can do the same but I am a weenie.

Ginnie said...

Glad you are healing but sorry for all the medical stuff. I have definitely aged but am still mobile ... and I am thankful for that !