Saturday, October 17, 2015

Odds and Ends

It was such a beautiful day today that I was compelled to get out of the house and get fresh air.  Mid to high 60's, no clouds, full sun and a gentle breeze - what more could you ask for?  I drove to a local store for which I had a 20% discount coupon; shopped for mr. kenju and left to go to my favorite biscuit place. After eating, I called an old co-worker who has moved away to another state. This woman is always depressed (and therefore, depressing), and today was no exception, but it was so pleasant to sit there with the breezes blowing thorough the car windows that even she couldn't bring me down (no matter how hard she tried.)

Moppet the kitten continues to delight us, although mr. kenju wishes she were less interested in our bathroom habits. The minute that one of us heads toward the bathroom, she follows, and even goes so far as to jump up onto the back of the toilet so she can be sure to catch a look at all that you do.  I think she likes it better if you are "whiff-worthy". It seems so funny that she would be that interested, but who knows why?  When I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth, she jumps up onto the counter top and when I am done, she licks water out of the bowl. Same with the shower walls; despite the fact that I give her a fresh bowl of water daily.

Our neighborhood welcomes dogs, but they have a "strict" off-leash policy, and no dog is allowed to roam free. Fat lot of good it does to have that rule; when it is seldom followed and seldom enforced. I see them off-leash almost daily and I think I ought to report them, but since I don't know the owner's names or house number, it wouldn't do much good without a photo of the person. For some reason, every time I walk out on my deck, the offending person disappears out of camera range. It is rather maddening, but I don't know what I can do. Calling the management would make me a tattletale, and if I can't offer proof, it would be fruitless.
why can't people just follow the rules?  

5 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I love reading about Moppet.....She is such a delightful presence. I do miss having a cat more than I can say. But I am just not able to care for an animal anymore, I'm sorry to say.....So reading about your dear Moppet is a real treat! More pictures, my dear Judy.

And I don't understand why people don't follow the Leash Laws! It's for their dog's safety as much as everything else.....

I hope you have some more Beautiful days, my dear Judy....Winter will be here in the blink of an eye, won't it?

sage said...

cats are hard to understand. There weather is delightful here in Savannah, cool and clear and low humidity, a welcomed change!

Granny Annie said...

Are the off-leash dogs harmful? I am happy that my Slim has 10 acres to run on that are all hers:-)

kenju said...

The off-leash dogs may not be harmful - but if they come in contact with a smaller, frightened dog and that dog panics, it is hard to get away from them - nowhere to run, so to speak.

When my daughter lived here, her dog could not come in contact with any other. The dog had not been socialized with other animals as a pup, as she is very scared of other animals. She had to be taken out when there were no other dogs in the yard, and then, invariably, some guy would come out with a big dog and take it off-leash. My daughter's arms were nearly pulled out of the sockets.

Plus the rules of the HOA strictly state that no dogs are to be off leash outside, anywhere in the neighborhood.

Ginnie said...

I've been enjoying the weather too, Judy. We were so luck to dodge the flooding, etc. Sounds like you are smitten with the kitten !