Sunday, August 02, 2015

A wonderful weekend with My Daughter, Part 3

Here are the promised photos - I hope to be able to post them beside their info, but Blogger doesn't always cooperate...1. Lucio Fontana "Spatial Concept: Nature"

2. Arnaldo Pomodoro  Sphere No. 6


Henry Moore  "Seated Woman"


Henry Moore  "King and Queen"


Auguste Rodin  "The Burghers of Calais"


Giacomo Manzu  'Young Girl on a Chair" 


Marino Marini    "Horse and Rider"


Jeff Koons  "Kiepenkerl"  


Yinka Shonibare   "The Age of Enlightenment - Antoine Lavoisier"


A view of Washington, DC from the balcony at the Hirshorn


No info available on this one. 


Mary Bauermeister
"In Memory of Your Feelings, an homage to Jasper Johns"


Crape Myrtle in the gardens - very fragrant.


Thistle


The Smithsonian Castle, as seen from the Hirshorn

part of an exhibit


another sign in the exhibit


An installation featuring fluorescent lighting - no info


A poem from the Iranian photography installation



Tony Cragg   "Subcommittee"


Juan Munoz   "Last Conversation Piece"

The center court with fountain


A sign on the surrounding fence


Bear in mind, as I said in part 2, all this art was collected by the father of my blog friend, Naomi, and donated to the Smithsonian. She grew up with much of what you see here in her home and grounds. How blessed she was to be able to see art like this every day!! Naomi, I wanted to get a long shot of the full museum, but traffic kept me from being able.

2 comments:

Pat said...

The sculptures are superb.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Some wonderful photo's, Judy---I thank you for sharing them......There are some pieces I don't recognize----I'm sure they are additions to the collection, since my father's death in 1981. And, the fact is, I didn't really grow up with all the Art my father donated---my parents separated and then divorced in 1945-----I visited all his different homes all through the years, but never stayed at any of his homes for more than a week at a time. I certainly got to see a lot of the Art over the years, but never really lived around it, except for those rare visits, and the occasional lunch or dinner or Birthday celebrations. The Art in our home before my parents split up was quite different than after they split up. My father always collected, but his view widened quite a bit after 1943-44. And he began to collect more contemporary Art in the mid 1940's, and that continued throughout his lifetime, until he died. Art truly was his great great Passion!