Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Do You Play Games?

on the computer, that is. I do. I play scrabble, lexulous, wordscraper and now I'm also back to Words with Friends. I have always loved word games and crosswords and could play for hours if I had a willing competitor. 

Back in the early years of my marriage, after I quit work to have my first child, I had a neighbor who also love to play Scrabble. I think I have written about her before. We played every day from 10 am to noon. That lasted until we moved to Raleigh in 1969. I have never found anyone here who likes to play as I do. So when I joined facebook and found I could play on the computer, my life changed. 

But there is a problem. Some of my opponents start a game and then make me wait days before they play their move. I don't understand it. Oh, I know if you are out of town, or have company, or are sick - that it might be difficult to play. But when someone goes for days or even weeks without making a play and giving no explanation, it bothers me. I love opening a game and finding that it is my turn to play. When I open it and see nothing - I deflate like an old balloon. Truly I do. 

Would you like to play any of the games above? Let me know.

6 comments:

Beverly said...

I play Lexulous and Words with Friends, as well. I don't know if you want to start any more games with me, or not.

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I adore word games. I do, however, need to be reminded sometimes. My apologies for that.

Granny Annie said...

I did not know you were back on WWF. I do much better keeping up with that because it is on my phone. I have been having problems with Lexulous and Wordscraper because of computer error but have found I can play on my laptop instead of desktop. Now we must play TRIVIA CRACK together. It is definitely an addiction. Contact me if you set that up.

Arkansas Patti said...

Haven't gotten into the computer versions of word games yet but my sister is addicted.

poopie said...

i could be your trivia crack friend if you would like. holla!

sage said...

I have played a few games of scrabble and chess but mostly don't have time! Sometimes when everyone is home, we'll play board games.