Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cardiac Rehab # 9 - Major Whine

I am stronger, but I don't have any more energy or stamina than I did before I started cardiac rehab. My son says to give it time; that all my hard work will kick in soon. I surely do hope he is right. 

Here goes another whine session. If I get any other thing wrong with me I will give up. I hurt my right shoulder getting out of bed last week and it is very sore. On my lower back, near my spine, I have a sebaceous cyst that got swollen and inflamed last week. When I sat down on one of the machines I use at rehab, my back hit the seat back and it felt as if I was being stabbed in that cyst. Two days later, I was bruised all around the cyst, and it was still swollen and tender.  I called my dermatologist to make an appointment and found out that she had left that practice - which made me sad. So I saw her partner, who has put me on antibiotics for 2 weeks. Additionally, my cardiac scar is forming a keloid, and is red and swollen. I am to use an OTC creme on that 2 x per day - and it is not cheap. 

I have had sciatica for about 4 weeks now, with lower back pain and muscle spasms. My right heel is still plagued with Achilles tendonitis, although it is better than it has been for the last 2 years. Do you understand my frustration?  Sheeesh. Give me a break, please. Sorry for all the whining, but someone asked for an update and this is the easiest place to do it. 


13 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh dear Judy...! You are really being put through the ringer!!!
I will pray for you getting some real relief, all around!!!
Sending Healing Hugs, My Dear....!

Gilly said...

Oh Judy, I am really sorry for all your problems! It never rains but it pours, as they say! However, I am sure it will all turn out OK in the end, though the end might seem a long way away. As for your scar, I am sure that massaging it with the cream would help - that's what they told my daughter when she had a big leg operation leaving long scars on her thighs. I am thinking of you over here!

Star said...

You are getting hit with everything at once ! I am sure that not feeling like yourself yet makes it harder to deal with all the other stuff. Hang in there. And keep blogging . Even if it is a "major whine" I look forward to reading you .

sage said...

Hang in there Judy. Prayers for a complete recovery.

Celia said...

Keeping you in my prayers Judy, may you heal soon. I'm glad to see you've writing.

Arkansas Patti said...

Aw Judy, I am so sorry you are hurting so. Things do pile on when we are the least capable of standing them.
Hang in girl, surely you are thru the worst.

Ginnie said...

I think the recovery periods can be much worse than the actual procedures. Hope it's over soon and I hope you have some good books to read or movies to watch.

LL Cool Joe said...

Having experienced my father going from one medical drama to another, I can now relate more, although it's not happening to me personally.

I hope you feel so much better and stronger soon.

Nancy said...



You have a lot of friends pulling for you, Judy.

Here's hoping it all clears up for you soon.

We're thinking of you and remembering you in our prayers.

Granny Annie said...

You have been so active and one of the most healthy people I know and now you are having to deal with so much. I hate this for you. Who is your caregiver? I know Jim is not able. Bless you little heart.

oklhdan said...

Well Judy, as they say, there's no where to go but up! I know we didn't have the same operation but it took a good six months before I started feeling my stamina coming back. Recovery is a hard road. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read how much pain you have been in. Makes me wonder if there's any relationship between the cyst and the sciatica? Is that possible? I hope the medical interventions work and that you are pain-free as soon as possible. Sending you best wishes.

millie garfield said...

Judy, so sorry to learn that you are having such a hard time getting back to your old self.

I've had this, that and the other thing happening left and right - me too - waiting and hoping that we straighten out before too long.