Thursday, November 13, 2014

Sheeesh.....I Remember when...

hospitals brought you in the day before your surgery and did all the prep and pre-op work, questions, testing, etc. while you were in the hospital  (not as an outpatient.) 

I suppose that insurance companies don't want to pay for that extra night in the hospital if they can help it. I asked a nurse today and she said it cuts down on cancellations, but I don't see how. 

My daughter drove me there this morning. I had a chest x-ray, blood drawn twice, and EKG, BP, temperature and urinalysis. A patient educator came in and talked to us for almost an hour about what to expect during the surgery, in the ICU and afterward. I appreciated that, and she answered all our questions. 

Now I am showered and cleaned from neck to toe with special wipes containing a strong disinfectant. I have to be at the hospital in the morning by 5:15 a.m. I'll be back as soon as possible, but it may be 3-5 days before I am able. Wish me luck, and if you are a praying person, I'd appreciate a few on my behalf. 

13 comments:

sage said...

Prayers said!

Celia said...

I am keeping you in my prayers. Keeping an eye out for your return.

Betty said...

Good luck. See you when you get back to your blog.

MissDazey said...

I am here thinking of you. Prayers are powerful, yes?

Gilly said...

I guess you must be out of surgery and recovering now, Judy! But I will pray all goes well, and look forward to seeing you post again soon.

And yes, even with our once-so-beautiful-NHS we get taken in for all sorts of pre-op stuff in advance, several days or weeks, even!

Anonymous said...

Sending you luck and best wishes. Thinking of you.

Ginnie said...

Your surgery is today and I just got homw, Judy. You will be on my mind and please let us know just as soon as you are able !
Sending a hug.

Eddie said...

We are wishing you luck!

oklhdan said...

Hope all is going well....prayers for a speedy recovery!

Jay said...

Thinking of you as you continue to recover.

Granny Annie said...

I have been out of touch due to crazy computer problems but you have been in my thoughts and prayers and I am happy to see you on Facebook as well.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Dear Judy......I am thinking of you and hoping ALL went well.....Sorry I didn't get here sooner---'Life Issues' do get in the way, sometimes.....Praying for your quick recovery, my dear.....! Sending Healing Hugs!

Pat said...

Just dropped by to say Hi.
see you soon.xox