Thursday, July 31, 2014

Beach Week

Last week we went to Ocean Isle Beach, NC.  Daughter two and her husband rented a house and we were all joined by various family members, including my son-in-law's parents. Not everyone was able to stay the entire time, but it was nice to get together for at least a while. 

I think I have gained 5 lbs. We have had pizza, spaghetti and home-made meatballs, hamburgers, seafood (in a restaurant) and tonight, my specialty pork tenderloin, mac and cheese, corn on the cob, salad and rolls, topped off with German chocolate cake. 

I've learned to make omelets in plastic bags, too, which is a definite boon if you have a crowd to feed. Thanks to Linda (SIL's mom) I now know how to make them, and they are fool-proof!  The best taste-tester was my older grandson, who gave a thumbs up! 

We met grandson's pretty friend from college....heretofore known only in photographs. She is lovely, thoughtful and well-mannered;  traits which are guaranteed to please even the touchiest of grandparents. 

All in all we had a really nice time. The weather was gorgeous, the house clean and on the beach, the deck partially covered and stocked with nice rocking chairs, and the beds were astonishingly comfortable for a rental house. BUT.....my very own bed and bath will be heavenly tonight and before that, my recliner will get a workout. I have really missed it!

4 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It sounds like a really lovely time, Judy....I'm so glad it was such a good time with GREAT food AND loving people....What could be better.....

Arkansas Patti said...

How nice to get sand in your shoes and enjoy family.
I gained a pound just reading your menu.

Star said...

I know the feeling Judy ! Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Granny Annie said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous! What a fun time. Now recipe for omelet in plastic bag please.