Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Odds and Ends

Some people on Facebook were complaining recently when they found out that anyone wanting to send a message to someone with whom they are not friends has to pay $1. I think it's a good idea. Since they started that policy, I haven't received any weird proposals  from creepy guys I don't know. But, to be honest, I haven't gotten any from (creepy) guys I do know either. Last year and several times before that, I got messages purporting to be from guys who found my lovely smile enchanting......  (yeah, right....lol)

Do any of you know if there is a way to clean grass cloth wallpaper?  I removed some pics from the den walls and now you can see every place that one used to hang. I really don't want to paint it or remove it, so I am hoping that someone will have an idea of how to minimize the darker areas. 

This cleaning, clearing out and minimizing clutter business has taken hold of me and I can't quit. Suddenly, walls cleared of collections and shelves with 2-3 items on them instead of 10-12 are looking good. It is a more serene atmosphere, or that is what I am telling myself. I submit that at some point in the future I will regret getting rid of something, but at my age I am trying to make not acquiring things a priority, and that extends to things already acquired. The problem is that I am not sure there are enough boxes in the world to hold my stuff  (or so it seems.) Good thing there are things like garage sales and donating, both of which I will be doing in the near future. 

Did you read about the coach at Rutgers? Coaches are supposed to be teachers and role models, so what did he think he was teaching his teams? Hitting, kicking, cursing and screaming gay epithets are not acceptable in any walk of life, especially not by a man (and I use the term loosely) who deals daily with young people. People like this guy and the coach who seduced lots of young boys into sexual activities ought to be locked up forever and then some. I doubt either could be rehabilitated. 





6 comments:

Star said...

When we got new rugs and everything got taken down, I put less of it back and like it better. Which like you, leaves me with boxes of stuff.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I don't understand Facebook, but then, it really doesn't matter since I'm not on it, anyway...

About the Grass Wallpaper...did you try a little soap and water in a corner somewhere just to see if that might work? Just a thought.

Brava to you Judy, for your "spring" cleaning...I truly understand the NOT Acquiring things anymore....I feel like I have so much stuff--as George Carlin used to say---It is overwhelming!

Arkansas Patti said...

I admire your ambition. Still waiting for mine to hit.
I guess if creeps have a lot of money, the dollar won't stop them. Who gets the dollar? Should go to who ever they annoy.

Pat said...

In MTL's study which I was not allowed to clean there are 50,000 jars, saucers, mugs etc all filled with nails , rubbers, pencils, paper clips, - those are the things I recognise - there are hundreds of varieties I don't recognise. I'm trying to get the courage to bin the lot!

rennratt said...

I hadn't heard of the $1 email policy on FB, but agree that it's a great idea.

I am in the process of clearing things out, too. Slow and steady, but it's coming along. It feels great to let things go, doesn't it?

Granny Annie said...

Oh you're just bragging. Some of us didn't get ANY creepy guys liking our smiles.