Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Live and Learn...

Full-blown migraine with aura. That was my diagnosis today; plus floaters, beginning cataracts and blepharitis. So sayeth the ophthalmologist. When I described my symptoms, he said it was "classic migraine." The good news is I don't need new lenses. The fact that I  really want new frames is beside the point.   :-/

As far as I know, that was my first migraine. I've had the auras before, but I don't remember having the headache after. Of course, I might just not have associated the two at the time. I can't believe I drove 210 miles with a migraine and I sure hope I never have another one. 

///\\\


There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with. 

Harry Crews, novelist and playwright (b. 1935) 


Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness. 

George Sand [pen name of Amantine Aurore Lucile Dupin], novelist (1804-1876) 


18 comments:

Betty said...

I have been bothered by the "aura" for a long time, but it never seems to develop into a full blown migraine. However, I have learned that when the symptoms start, if I take a couple of Tylenols immediatly, it can head things off.

kenju said...

Than ks for telling me, Betty. I will try to remember that.

Loren said...

I've suffered from blurred vision, something like a crack running through my eye, but i've never had the full blown headaches like my daughter suffered from.

She recommended Excedrin Migraine with coffee, and if I take them early enough my symptoms totally disappear before I need to like down.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It never rains but it pours!!! Judy, my dear...HORRORS!!! I don't know what 'auras' are, but it doesn't sound good...! Migraines...OY! Did he think that getting the cataracys corected might help the Migraines?? It's probably a stupid question--I'm sorry, my dear. I just want you to be "well" and not have to deal with all of this.....! 2012 is not starting out well, at all!

LL Cool Joe said...

I occasionally get the beginnings of a migraine with the "aura", not nice. For me, if I'm able to do it I lay down in a dark room and try to sleep, often by the time I wake up it's gone.

tiff said...

What works for me is 2 ibuprofren and a nap.

Can't believe you drove all that way with a migraine either. That's tenacious!

Grannymar said...

Listen to your body. It is telling you that it is time to rest.

Pat said...

I had migraines all the time I was modelling and they stopped as soon as I got pregnant never (please God) to return.
There must be other cures.

Star said...

Migraines seem to be more common of late. Or perhaps more diagnosed. At least knowing , perhaps you can lessen the effects.

Granny Annie said...

My dear sil has suffered with migraines forever and I hate it for her. Anytime I get a headache I just give thanks it isn't a migraine. So sorry you have this but so glad you have a diagnosis and are getting help.

Peruby said...

Migraine sufferer since 1972. Sometimes the aura, sometimes not.

Sending merciful thoughts your way.

Imaginography said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dianne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Celia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Looking to the Stars said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Arkansas Patti said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sage said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.