Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Another Rant....

but I promise not to make it a habit. 


Do you hate being sick as much as I do? I take it as a personal affront when I can't come and go as I please due to illness of some kind. Since December 28th, I have been sick all but a few days and I'm really getting tired of it. I'm just sayin'.....I drove home from Virginia Beach (210 miles) with a horrible headache (other than the one in the passenger seat....lol....my personal back-seat-driver.) I don't recommend that at all. Luckily, the weather was good and the traffic was light.

And just so you'll know, this is not usual for me. I haven't been sick much at all for the last 2-3 years. 

If I weren't already sick, the Republican "debates" (and I use the term loosely) would make me sick. I simply can't watch them bad mouth each other, especially when none of them is without sin or error in his life and each of them wants to make sure you know all about the other's faults and short-comings. A debate should be just that. The television networks ought to rename them to something more fitting. How about "The Mud-slinging" Four: A New Reality Show." I wish we could get back to a time (if there ever was one) where candidates run on their own platforms and good works, not simply to sling mud at their opponents. What say you? 

To end on a good note:  our weather, like much of you who live in the US, is fabulous! Today, it is sunny and 64*, with Carolina blue skies and nary a cloud. If I had my druthers (I seem to be channeling my grandmother today ("nary" and "druthers"), the weather would be 77* all year long, with rain allowed only between midnight and six a.m. Think we could arrange that? 

10 comments:

kenju said...

P.S. I also think that the "debates" should not be in front of a live audience. It has been proven to affect the TV audience's reception of the information.

LL Cool Joe said...

I feel for you, it's miserable being ill all the time and feeling under the weather.

Talking of weather, we had snow, so I won't join in the celebrations about the sunshine!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to read that you're still not feeling well, judy. I sure hope you finally kick this bug soon.

It's been a very warm and dry winter here in the Sierra foothills as well. Pretty scary, considering we don't get ANY rain whatsoever in the summer.

Haven't watched a single debate, except for what the comedy shows do with it the day after. To call that stuff a "debate" is an absurdity.

Arkansas Patti said...

I am so sorry you are still puny. I went thru a spell myself and can only tell you that it does end.
I have had it with politics. Just flip a coin boys and get on with it so we can get the big election over with.

tiff said...

haven't watched a drip of the republican circus, and I don't intend to. For what it's worth, I don't watch the Dems either.

I hope you're all better very soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better.

Oh and Congress makes me sick too how they constantly bicker and try to stick it to one another. It is about helping and serving the people, not boosting their egos.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Having something that lingers on and on and on....Well, that definitely Sucks, Big Time!! So sorry, my dear...I hope soon you will be back to your normal Well Self!!!

I cannot and will not watch these people pretend to be serious candidtates for President...!
It is so damn depressing...!!!

Grannymar said...

Debates? Mud wrestling would be more interesting. I thought these political efforts were to tell the voters how the candidates would deal with the serious issues.... if they got through.

Any candidate that slings mud, has no real answers for improvement, if they had, don't you think they would want to share it?

Alas, here in UK and Ireland we are not much better these days.

Pat said...

It's bitter here worse luck.
Do you need to have good going over at the doc's?
Look after yourself.

Nancy said...

I came down here to Florida for some nice weather and some rest and relaxation.

Little did I know I would be subjected to the republican primary election that occured yesterday.

For the last 10 days Mitt Romney spend Millions of Dollars raking Newt Gingrich over the coals and vice versa. You could not look at ANY television without being bombarded with political rhetoric. All critical. Not one constructive idea was mentioned by either candidate.

Heaven help us for the next 9 months. All I can say is join Blockbuster or Netflix or go crazy.