How would you have lived your life differently, if you had it to do over?
The answers were very interesting; here are some of them:
1. I would have worked less.
2. I would have been less concerned with making money.
3. I would have been less interested in rising up the ladder of success and gaining status.
4. I would have spent more time with my children.
5. I would have enjoyed nature more often.
6. I would have lived my life in such a way that I made a difference in other people's lives.
Think about that last one. What have you done to affect the life of another person in a positive manner?
Are you so frenzied with work or school or clubs or hobbies that you won't take time to enjoy being alive?
Are you focused on making money and/or making a name for yourself? Is it taking precious time away from your family and friends, from relaxation and general enjoyment of life?
I read this quote recently and it was said at church too; and I will paraphrase it:
"At the end of your life, it will not matter how much money you had in the bank or how many awards you have won. The most important thing that can be said about you is that you made a difference in the life of another."
Can you say that you already have or do you need to get to work on that as I do?