Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Quotes of Note



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"We are never more discontented with others than when we are discontented with ourselves.

Henri Frederic Amiel, philosopher and writer (1821-1881)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kindness is in our power, even when fondness is not.

Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discontent is the first step in the progress of a man or a nation. (Then we should be on the brink of extensive progress, shouldn't we?)

Oscar Wilde

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really only want to have contentment in one thing...my Savior. Unfortunately that can be a painful process of dying to myself daily. I hope to that I am on a road of extensive progress! Time will tell!

Anonymous said...

There are times when I have trouble being kind. There are people who won't let you be kind to them.

Anonymous said...

It's good to know that I am not the only person in the world who collects quotes....I think my flash drive is full!!!

srp said...

Oscar Wilde also said:
"Everybody who is incapable of learning has taken to teaching."
Sometimes he was a bit of flake.