Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Last Saturday Night


I did some decor for a neighbor whose husband had volunteered her to have a party, and I don't think she was too happy about it. I told her she has the perfect party house: warm and inviting, plus it's large enough to hold 40+ people without them feeling like sardines in a tin.

The mantel in this room is huge (about 14 feet long). I used faux garland and berry branches, large pine cones, her ribbon, her holly branches and at the last minute, I tucked in some real pine and cedar, so the aroma would be strong. When the fire was lit, the smell of it permeated the room quickly. The logs used here are about 4' long, and the homeowner is obviously well-versed in making a good fire. It surely did feel great!



The newel post decor is all artificial, so it will last all month. I almost always use 2 or 3 different types of ribbon, as it gives a richer look.
The centerpiece on the dining room table is all fresh, except for the silver pears and acorn branches, of course. It has large roses, gerbera daisies and white bouvardia, with fir, cedar and pine foliages.




The foods were not all out yet when I took the pic. A number of people brought various dishes with them: we had shrimp, sausage balls, artichoke dip, cheese balls, various fruits and dips for them, plus rum balls and other sweets. I know I am leaving something out - but it was all good!


I am attending another party tonight. Our neighborhood has a pot-luck dinner and ornament exchange, which is always fun. It is being held in a home we all know, but the owners are fairly new to the neighborhood, so we will get to see it with new decor and furniture. I was told that the new owner picked 5-6 women to be responsible for a table that they will clothe, decorate and provide the dishes, etc. It should be fun to see what they have done. I should be able to tell you about it tomorrow.

Posted by Picasa

Scroll down for the rest of the post; comments are open under that.

No comments: