Saturday, November 11, 2006

I wonder how many tourists have taken photos of this sign and others like it? "Ausfahrt" means exit in German, but we laughed anyway.

I forgot what the function of this building was, but the architecture intrigued me, chiefly because of the gargoyles (shown below) which were at every window sill along the side of the building. There must have been 20 of them, all different, but I only took a pic of one, a small sleeping boy. I thought gargoyles were suppose to frighten evil spirits, but he wouldn't frighten anyone, would he?
Another of the wonderful river scenes, plus the carousel (dead center). I think that cities with rivers in them have it all over cities that do not have a body of water. I could have spent many more days exploring Zurich, but we only had a small window of time.
Posted by Picasa