Thursday, April 28, 2005

Update: The coffee situation

On Tuesday, I bought a Krups pot from Kohl's, mainly because it had 12-cup capacity and a clock-timer. Unpacking it, I discovered it had no filter basket. I simply cannot believe that the packer failed to include such an integral part, considering the original price of the pot was over $100. . It was on sale, plus I had a 15% coupon, so my cost was less. Anyway, on Wednesday, I returned it and bought another, and I checked before I left the store to make certain it had all the parts. I have made coffee 3 times since then, and all is well, except - there was a little water on the counter under and around the pot this morning. What is it, people? Am I dumb or something? I know I am not overfilling the pots, so why, why, why does water leak out of them. If it happens again, I am going to take the advice of one of my commenters and buy a $19.95 pot, without a timer and smaller capacity. Maybe the cheap pots will work better than ones with all the bells and whistles??!!

6 comments:

Natsthename said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

I wish I could figure out the leakage situation, too. I have a Cuisinart pot, and it doesn't leak, but when you pour water INTO the thing, it always leaves a puddle on the counter. I KNOW it's not my lack of accuracy that's causing this! I've had machines that leaked in the past, though. Mr. Coffee is NOT my friend!

Anonymous said...

I too always have liquid on my counter when I make coffee. I'm pretty sure mine comes from the fact that I cannot, under any circumstance, wait for the coffee to finish brewing to get the first cup. It's supposed to stop dripping when I pull the pot out, but a little bit always escapes. :)

Anonymous said...

The coffee pot on my counter is a Mr. Coffee. My husband chose it. It has no bells and whistles. Flip on. Flip off. We paid $20 for it at target last year. My problem with it is when you pour coffee into a cup it does not flow in a stream. Pour coffee = coffee on counter/floor/ feet and then maybe your cup.

Babette said...

J'adore my French Press. It makes divine coffee and it's elegant and fun to use. It was $4.50 at a local thrift shop!

Old Horsetail Snake sent me...you seem very nice and I hope you enjoy a relaxing cup of coffee soon!

Maxine for President!!

Bonvallet said...

I absolutely hate it when that happens! Oh by the by I tried posting something above but it didn't work for some reason.

mrhaney said...

i have a coffee pot that my son got me at a garage sale. some of the best coffee pots are at thrift stores. i know what you mean about buying things and right away they do not work. what a shame.