Saturday, April 09, 2005

A Job Well Done

A job well done is cause for feeling self-satisfied, and today, that is my state of mind. My florist friend and I (with 4 other helpers) designed and delivered 4 weddings in the last 3 days. All went well and we are very proud of ourselves. There is a lot to be said about the satisfaction that comes with doing a job well and knowing it. I am the poster girl (I do use the term "girl" loosely) for that, and the American work ethic is alive and well here! Truly, though, if you knew how much I enjoy working with flowers, you would make me pay you for the privilege.

Old Horsetail Snake (http://oldhorsetailsnake.blogspot.com) mentioned most embarrassing moments in his post today and I have already written about two of mine. You can check them out in my post of February 22 - sorry I don't know how to link to it for you. Snake was impressed......maybe you'll be too.

Do you play Michele's Weekend Meet and Greet? It is a fun game, and brings all sorts of nice people to read your stuff, as well as introducing you to some you might not otherwise see. Check it out at: www.micheleagnew.com

Those of you who like good writing which also happens to be funny should check out www.theWVSR.com . Jeff posts every weekday and gets many comments, some of which are even funnier than the original post. I never miss it and it never fails to make me laugh.

I am now taking my tired body to bed and a good book awaits me. Have a wonderful weekend and come back soon.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just swinging by here from Micheles Meet'n'Greet. :) I kinda feel about photography the way you do about flowers so I do understand. Have a great weekend. cheers.

P.

Anonymous said...

Howdy
I'm here via Michele's Meet and Greet as well.

It's funny - I just got finished writing about the garden and how all the flowers are just starting to show what a colorful spring and summer it's going to be, and then came upon a florist's site. I love coincidence! :)

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hiya,
Michele sent me!
I'll be back!