Thursday, January 27, 2005

A poet in the making?

I've been surfing blogs, and I just found one that had a click and drag "magnetic poetry" link. Here is what I wrote:

An ancient unknown place beyond escape;

I must remain another moment to make the scene complete.

Confess to being lost? Never!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is more interesting to try to write poetry when you have a set number of words to choose from. There was a feature allowing the creation of new words, but I used only what was available in the link.

Try it....the blog was November Child.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This weekend we are supposed to travel to my son and daughter-in-law's home, to celebrate her 40th birthday. I have been told she is approaching it with some trepidation, but I can tell her that turning 40 may be one of the highlights of her life. By the time you turn 40, you are somewhat less concerned about what others think and you feel free to really be yourself. A woman can really bloom after 40, and since she is already quite a woman, she should really show us something now! Happy Birthday, Stephanie, we love you!

I said we are 'supposed' to travel......yet again we are expecting Winter Precipitation (the weather people always make it sound as though it is capitalized) and true to form - they don't know how much or what form it will arrive in. They messed up so badly last week that they are hedging all their bets and calling for snow changing to rain, which is turning to ice, melting on Sunday and re-freezing that night. Wish me luck!

No comments: