Sunday, April 04, 2021

Bits and Pieces....

I have been using Instacart for grocery deliveries for about 2 years now, since Jim went into the hospital the first time. I have enjoyed getting food delivered; not having to shop and carry stuff from the car to the kitchen is a blessing. I do wish I had someone to put it all away (and then cook it when I want it) but that's a problem for another year.


 Most of the time. I don't have any problems with the deliveries....but now and then the person who shops for them either doesn't get something, or makes a substitution that I didn't authorize. I report it and they are always nice enough about it, either replacing or giving me a refund. However, last week I had an experience that made me so mad and frustrated, I vowed to never use the service again. I ordered a fair amount of the usual stuff: eggs, butter, bread, ground beef, chicken, canned goods and bakery items. They told me the cost would be around $175. When the food came, my son was here and he carried it into the kitchen for me - a real boon. However, when I got it out of the bags, I realized that a lot of stuff was missing....and so was the receipt. They always send one on-line, so I didn't worry about it, but the more I thought about what was missing, I got madder and madder. You can't tell me that Publix was out of eggs and butter, ground beef and other common foods, such as pancakes, Eggos, Palmetto cheese and the like. If he had shorted me something really odd or uncommon, I would have understood it, but eggs? and butter? I have never been to a grocery that was out of those unless we were expecting a bad snowstorm or a hurricane.

He made a substitution for the butter pretzels I ordered - giving me cheese-covered pretzels. I didn't think I'd like them, but they are rather addictive, so that was the one good thing that came out of it. 

One of my friends from high school died this past week. I am so sad about it, as I had hoped to see her and her husband again at a future reunion. We were friends on Facebook, but about 2 years ago, after she was diagnosed with some "acronym" illness, she quit posting and only left sporadic comments. I really missed having that connection.  Sharon was a beautiful girl in high school, and she only grew lovelier and more elegant as the years passed.  Her obituary was long and revealing of the wonderful woman she became, and she was obviously loved by all who knew her. Sharon, you will  be missed and I hope to see you again in the hereafter.

I hope you are having a Happy Easter....we are having a laid-back one.....and our grandson is going to cook dinner. He's a very good cook, so we always look forward to his meals.  Not sure what it will be, this time. 

I went to UNC Urgent Care this week - nothing too serious - and this morning, the P.A. I saw called me to see how I was doing. I really couldn't believe she called me on Easter Sunday...I was impressed.  By the way, I am better. I'll check in again before too long; hope you all are doing well and getting through the pandemic with no troubles.  

5 comments:

Celia said...

I won't try to figure out why you would be missing so much stuff from your grocery list seriously frustrating but... I just recently started shopping my own groceries and you couldn't find a egg here in a grocery here (we have four good sized stores and two small ones) from Wednesday through Saturday here and then they were few. One manager suggested I might want to stock up on coffee too as they had been warned of an impending shortage. I did as my life runs on coffee, followed by eggs. WTH.

Star said...

We tried one order where it was shopped for us and we picked it up. We did that to avoid going into a crowded market. When we got there I had to go into a set aside area and pick up the order and take it to the car myself. And it was very crowded in this little space , so that totally negated the benefit. I thought the total was a little higher than it was supposed to be. When I got home I saw why. They charged me for four loaves of bread. I only ordered, and only got one. The difference was over $12. Called the store and was told they would refund it. Three days later, we hadn’t seen it. So we went back to the store where the immediately refunded us the difference. When we go to our local store to shop ( the online order was at another store) we are shopped and home in an hour. So we are back to that. It is less time, less aggravation and no less safe.

Granny Annie said...

I have not tried Instacart but I do use the outside pick up. It works wells and so far (knock on wood) they have filled my orders well. Substitutes have been fine especially this week when I ordered 3 lbs cuties and they substituted 5 lbs for the same price.

Leandra Sisco said...

Jud I miss you. Love the blog.

Your old friend Lee in FL

Leandra Sisco said...

Miss you, Judy.

Your old friend Lee in FL