Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Speed Limits are a Joke! (and so is current-day merchandise)

At least around here, they are. I drive Rt. 540 (outer beltline) frequently. The speed limit is 70 MPH....but I tell you....if you are not going 75-80.....you will be run down. Are you finding that to be true where you  live? I have also noticed too many people passing on the right, or on the left in lanes that are for turning. Yesterday, a woman came from behind at a great rate of speed, passed me in a left-turn lane, passed in front of me and went two lanes to the right all in the space of 2 minutes. I was flabbergasted. This was just after 3 pm, when schools were letting out and traffic was getting busy. 

*****

I have written before about how towels and sheets were so much better quality when I was growing up in the 50's. In fact, I am still using towels that were my moms (and some are marked with my name (used at summer camp), so I know they are over 60 years old. They are in better shape now than some I had bought in the 90's.

Plastic hangers are another commodity that are made much more cheaply then they used to be. I have some older hangers that were my mothers, and they are noticeably stronger than more modern ones, which break easily. You can tell to look at them which is which.

*****

What modern-day conveniences/merchandise cause you grief? 


4 comments:

Star said...

Appliances used to last longer. They had less bells and whistles, but they did the job.

Bonnie said...

Brooms just are not made as they used to be. :-)
I'm at: http://blb.xanga.com/

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

I agree, Judy, about the merchandise (although I never could afford most of the high cost bed linens, etc.) I am behind on wishing you a Happy New Year but I hope you and Jim have an easier one than 2019.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Hi Judy: I commented on this blog entry shortly after you posted it but it shows up as "no comments" Is it my blog or yours that is not recording it?