Thursday, November 07, 2019

Nurses and Aides and Therapists....Oh My!!

So....we are nearing the end of Jim's first week back home after being in either the hospital or a therapy center for 103 days. 

We have a nurse, an aide and two therapists coming every week. The only problem is that they often want to come when another one is already scheduled....and God forbid they want to come at a time when I am going to be out of the house, which is seldom. See below.*

We are still trying to get into a routine and that takes time. We are getting many phone calls from friends; especially Jim's friends from college. They are all interested in knowing how "Jimmy"  is doing, and we like that they stay in touch with him....but trying to explain to 6-8 people what has and is happening and what his prognosis is....is daunting. 

We have some very nice, friends here, who have been very good to us. They have visited in the hospital and brought books and home-made goodies to eat. One woman makes great biscotti and we have nearly overdosed on that. Plus, she brought a bag of small packets of M&M's, both plain and peanut. I am addicted!! They did a wonderful favor for me on Tuesday. I had an appointment to get my new hearing aids fitted, and they came over and stayed with Jim so I could go. Earlier that day, my daughter stayed with her dad so I could play my weekly Scrabble game!  Scrabble is often the highlight of my week.....so I was very appreciative of that.  

She and another friend went shopping on a day that I was unable to join them. They bought a beautiful red and black sweater/jacket for my recent birthday. I can't wait to have someplace to wear it. 


*Unfortunately, I can't go out of the house much unless I find someone to sit with Jim. He does not feel comfortable being alone yet. That means my activities will be curtailed somewhat, until he feels confident to take care of himself.  I hope and pray that time comes soon!

2 comments:

tiff said...

Having a strong support system is SO important. Praying for y'all and for his continued healing, your continued peace of mind, and for your circle's continued patience and support.

Loren said...

My son in law had a brain tumor. All of his many friends wanted to know how he was doing, and his wife just didn't have the time to explain it so she posted on-going details on a site called CaringBridge and referred friends to the link she had established.