Monday, July 08, 2019

I've Lost an Inch....etcetera

and it wasn't from my waist, as I'd prefer, but in height.

People from my insurance company have been hounding us to agree to a "home health visit", as they call it. Never mind that we both see our doctors regularly, go to the dentist, see eye docs, etc.  They urge you to let them send a doc or a nurse to check on you, ask a lot of questions and  do a cursory exam.  

The man who came to us last Friday was a retired endocrinologist, who lives in Durham and spends 4 months a year in Chile. He is our age.  I think under other circumstances, we might have found him to be an interesting person - but as this was an "official" visit, we didn't ask him many questions.

He measured us, and I have now lost 2 inches total - I'm 5'8. I hope I don't lose too much more before I pass.  Jim has lost a bit too, he's now 6'2" - down 1 or 1 1/2".  
Other than shrinking, we are in good health, he says.  

*****

I saw a good movie at our clubhouse on Saturday - "The Mule", with Clint Eastwood and Bradley Cooper. Clint plays a man who becomes a driver for a Mexican drug cartel and Bradley is a DEA man, trying to track him down.  There is a family story along with the drama, and it makes for a good two hours.  

We are also watching "Queen of the South" (first on Netflix and now, the third season is on USA) about a women who becomes the head of a drug cartel out of Sinaloa, Mexico. I love the characters in this show, especially 'Pote', played by Hemky Madera. He is a killer with a heart of gold, as they say.

*****
For my book club, I am reading "The Shell Seekers", which is turning out to be a great book, in my opinion. I don't read as often as I used to, but this is a book I can't put down easily. I have a need to know what comes next, and I know that when I finish the book, there will be a sense of loss. Luckily, there is a movie!! It's an oldie, but I am going to try and find a way to see it!!




2 comments:

Celia said...

I've ignored those requests for a home visit too. I wonder to myself what they are really looking for. That says a lot about my feelings concerning insurance companies. You have my sympathy, I'm two inches shorter than I was too but no lighter. I suppose that made my BMI go up. No Fair! :-)

Mitzi said...

I just ran across your blog and your comments on The Shell Seekers. Rosamund Pilcher is one of my favorite authors and I have read every one of her books. Hope you will continue to read more of her books. Another favorite author is Maeve Binchey. She writes in a similiar style.