Thursday, September 13, 2018

WHY????? or maybe Why not???

I had to go to a satellite branch hospital today, to have blood drawn, per my cardiologist. While there, I got a message on MyChart (the hospital system's  on-line communications) that I owe $3.27. I immediately thought - WOW - how convenient that I am in the hospital now. I went to the front desk and asked if I could make the payment there, in cash, and the guy said "I'll see."  

A few minutes later, he told me he couldn't accept my payment there. I will never understand why! It is a satellite hospital of the same system as the larger hospital, and I should have been able to make a payment there. 

Does that make any sense to you!?

2 comments:

Celia said...

Not a bit of sense to me. MyChart has been dunning me for a $9.13 bill that I paid and wouldn't be overdue even if I hadn't paid it. A few bugs in the system?

sage said...

Nothing about health care makes sense these days!

www.thepulpitandthepen.com