Tuesday, December 06, 2016

TOO Busy!! Plus Christmas Decor at The NC Governor's Mansion 2016

I worked last week, for the first time since last Christmas. I was working with the crew decorating the NC Governor's Mansion (Mel Day, Dogwood Tree Florals) , as I have for the last 12-15 years. We didn't know who the governor would be until yesterday; but now we have a new one! 

I am fortunate that my boss understands that I need to rest often. He had me make lots of bows, which I can do while sitting. Then when I felt rested, I got up and made fresh greenery arrangements. It is a perfect way for me to be able to work, and I can't tell you how much I enjoy it. 




When we finished the Mansion, I volunteered to help decorate the club house here in our neighborhood. I went up there, but all I needed to do was "fluff" wreaths. After about 25 of those - and 2 hours - I left.  I was the only volunteer, and I was not about to do it all by myself.

On Monday we got haircuts and pedicures. Today, I got my new hearing aids checked.  The right one has a problem, so they ordered a replacement (it is under warranty) and I should have it by the end of the week. It rained and was chilly all day, and I was out in it too much. I also went to Sam's and Wal-Mart, then picked up lunch and went to the clubhouse to play Scrabble. After that, I went to my daughter's home to let her dog out, and then picked up Mexican food for dinner. I left home at 9:40 this morning and got back at 4:45 pm. Whew!!

Tomorrow night, I go to a party at the Governor's Mansion for the people who worked on decorating it, plus the docents for the mansion. I will take more photos then and post them later.  

I hope you are busy and getting ready for the Holiday Season!!

2 comments:

sage said...

I always enjoy seeing your governor mansion photos. What did I hear today, that Trump might pick McCroy for something... So maybe he won't be unemployed when he leaves the mansion. I don't know how that will be for the rest of us.

joared said...

Wonderful you were able to participate in the mansion holiday decorations -- look forward to the photos. I felt "whew", too, reading of all your activity. Hope your efforts at Club House were appreciated. I think it's important to us as we age to "keep our hand in" whatever we've enjoyed working at, if we can, and if allowances can be made to make that possible.