Saturday, February 08, 2014

Last week, I was enjoying our new rug and this week I added a runner of the same carpet to go behind the couch, plus 2 new throw pillows. Little by little, the room is coming together. I still want a new coffee table; one that is smaller, and a table on which to place my laptop beside my chair when it isn't in use. I am now using an over-turned copper boiler and it works, but it is too short. I found the perfect thing back in December, but I didn't buy it and I am regretting that now. Mr. Kenju says that before I am finished we will have just as many "things" as we did in the old house - but he has always been a person to exaggerate everything. That will not happen.

Our son gave us something recently that is turning out to be a great time-waster....lol   It is Chromecast, with which I can pull up youtube videos and play them on our TV. I can do it using my phone or my laptop, although the laptop use is theoretical, since I have not been able to make that work  yet - but the iPhone does. He was here with us this weekend, and we watched documentaries, old basketball games and music videos. This will be a really great thing to have this summer when there is nothing interesting on TV and all the shows are in reruns.

Valentine's Day is fast approaching.....have you ordered flowers for your sweetheart?  Get busy....the longer you wait, the more difficult it will be to get what you want. And remember, research shows that most women would like to get pink, yellow or orange roses - not boring old red ones. Call your local florist today!!


5 comments:

Celia said...

Little yellow roses are my favorite. Your rugs sound lovely!

MissDazey said...

Smiling here, it does seem it easy to fill our rooms up again before we know it.

I ask Mr. Bruce to bring me bouquet of daisies, just one of the bunches from grocery store would be fine. I have vases I like to use. They didn't have pkg. of just daisies so he got mixed fresh flowers. Love them!

Granny Annie said...

Cannot wait to see your next stage of decorating.

LL Cool Joe said...

I thought women preferred other flowers to roses? I thought roses were out of fashion now? Damn see that's how much I know about flowers!

kenju said...

Yes, Joey, lots of women prefer other flowers; tulips being a favorite of many. I prefer mixed arrangements. But most guys think they HAVE to get roses - and I just wanted them to remember that there are more colors to choose from than the same old boring red.