John, at http://cherishauthor.blogspot.com/ has tagged me for the weirdness meme that is making the rounds recently. The directions are:
List five weird things about yourself. Then tag five others and tell them they’ve been tagged by a comment on their blog. I am not going to tag anyone, but if you're so inclined, please feel free to steal the meme!
Ways I might be considered weird:
1. I can eat the same foods repeatedly for years and years; for example, I ate at least one bowl of Life cereal everyday for 12-13 years.
2. When I finally got tired of the Life cereal, Eggo Waffles took over, and I ate them for about 5-6 years, every morning. Granted, I sometimes put blueberries or sliced strawberries on them, so maybe that isn't sooooo weird.
3. When I graduated from high school, I owned 27 pairs of shoes. Some people think that is weird; I think it is normal (at least it was for a spoiled princess-only child).
4. I am a little bit compulsive about some things; for example the hangers in my closets all have to face the same way all the time, whether they have clothing on them or not. If something is moved out of place in my home, even by a milimeter, I will know it! I have cleaning ladies once in a while and I always know where they have dusted because nothing is ever placed exactly where it had been.
5. I often make three pots of coffee (8 cups each) per day. It is decaf now, though there was a time when I drank as many as 15-20 cups per day of regular coffee. Back then I could stay up until 2 am with no consequence except being unable to wake up until 10am (This was quite a problem when my kids were in school!). Due to my constant use of coffee pots, and the fact that our water here is acidic, pots don't last long at my house. I wrote earlier in the year about how many pots I have bought (or had replaced) since 2004 and the total stands at 11. At least they usually go bad while they are still under warranty.....LOL. Is that weird?
John, this reads more like "five things about me" rather than five weird things. Maybe I am not so weird after all - or maybe I should ask my children what to write. I know I could have easily listed 5 weird things about my mom!