Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Nothing Much Going On Here.....

 Going out to eat often, with family and/or friends. I have started going back to some club/group meetings here in my neighborhood, and a few of hem involve luncheons - which I love. My granddaughter continues to feed me - and she is such a good cook that I am truly lucky......from breakfast pancakes to lettuce wraps, her food is excellent!  Of course, that means I need to watch my weight gain. Yesterday, I was able to wear an outfit that I had not had on in about 3 years....the pants were too tight. I was very happy to see that I could get them on without too much tugging and pulling.  

I continue to play Scrabble weekly, and it is usually the highlight of my week, even when I don't win. Our group includes 4-5 excellent players, and I have learned a lot from them.

My husbands old friends continue to call or send email and texts, checking up on me. I find that very comforting; especially since I don't know most of them very well. They all remember him fondly and seem to want to keep a connection, even if it is with me, not him.   

My children took me to Key West, as you may know, and before long, my baby and I are going to Virginia Beach for a few days, and then to Richmond, to visit the daughter of my dearest, old friend. She lived with us while she was here in college for a while, and the best house guest I ever had.  I have missed her since she moved away, and I don't see her often enough. She attended Jim's funeral, but we didn't have much time to talk, so this trip, however quick, will slake my thirst for that.  

Not long after that, we are going to Charleston, WV, to my high school All-Class reunion. I don't know how many of my class members will show up, but I am ever hopeful that at least a few will attend.  After that, we travel on to Ohio, to visit with my brother-in-law and his family. I have not seen all of them for 6 years, so that will be a good trip.  We are supposed to drive on to NYC after that, but the trip is subject to change (as always). 

After that, the only trip I know of is to my first grandson's wedding in Charleston, SC. That promises to be a fabulous series of events and I am looking forward to that. 

Now you know my doings......How are you spending the summer?

No comments: