Friday, April 24, 2020

Don't follow the latest advice from 45....

Back in the early 70's, when my baby was about 2 years old, she contracted pneumonia and empyema, after having the Asian Flu. She is fine now, but while she was in the hospital, I learned about a sweet and darling little boy who couldn't eat or drink anything.

The reason he was unable to eat is that he had previously drank from a coke bottle containing Clorox bleach, which his grandmother had placed under her kitchen sink. 

The bleach burned out his trachea and esophagus, and had he eaten anything, the food would have had no place to go. He had to be fitted with a stomach tube and fed that way. The poor little kid was frantic to eat or drink and he couldn't understand why he was not allowed to eat. He was only about 18 months old and wasn't able to process what had happened to him. That was one of the saddest things I have ever seen or heard about.  The shame is that it was preventable.  

My point in writing about this is to remind people of the consequences of ingesting caustic substances such as bleach.  Unfortunately, our "president" said yesterday that maybe we ought to look into to injecting lysol and/or using light to kill the viruses. Also unfortunately, there are too many people in this country who are NOT smart enough to know that is a bad idea. So I implore you:

Do not drink bleach or lysol or any other caustic substance!!

If it doesn't kill you, the side-effects are horrendous.  And another thing:  don't keep bleach, etc., where children can get their hands on them. And don't store them in containers that children are used to seeing food or drinks in..

3 comments:

Tomy2020 said...

Everything here very well thanks for sharing
friv20
Kizi5
Y8Game
Friv 8
Kizi 5
friv 1
friv 1000
Kizi1000
Y8game

Luiz Gomes said...

Good afternoon, how are you? I am Brazilian and I am looking for new followers for my blog. I can follow you too.
https://viagenspelobrasilerio.blogspot.com/?m=1

If you follow me you can send the link to my blog and I will follow you back.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Judy ... a horrendous story and a wake-up call to those who just follow Trump no matter what he says.
PLEASE let me know if you get thisJudy. I have commented so many times on your blog and they never show up. I've also been unable to get your email address. I think of you and your husband often. Ginnie