Monday, March 23, 2020

Look for the silver Lining!

There always is one......pollution levels are falling drastically in large cities, because of the work cut-backs from Covid-19. Our skies are cleaner....and that is wonderful. 

We're staying indoors (or sitting on the porch when weather is warm) and away from people. Only our baby daughter has come into the house, and she wears gloves and a mask when she is here.  

One silver lining is that my check book amount is staying at a moderate level, since I am not out buying anything. As long as our Social Security payments stay intact, we'll be fine. We buy food on-line through Instacart - which has been great.  I don't have to go out and the food is delivered and left at our door.  It's much easier than loading it all into the car and then unloading at home. We were shorted on some food items, but our daughter went to the store and found chicken and ground beef for me, so we're good for a while.  

We miss our grandkids, of course, but they can't come to see us. One went to KY for work, one is in NYC, one is in Greensboro and another is in Dunn. One is in Chapel Hill and her sister is in SC. I pray they will all be safe and not catch the virus, but it is up to them to shelter in place and be safe.

I am spending too much time on the phone and the computer - but that's a good way to stay in touch with friends and family. Lots of funny email is passing around and I've had a few "face time" calls - which is nice. I miss all my family so much. 

I was supposed to see my doctor today, but the children did not want me to go there and take a chance on catching a germ. So, the doctor called me and we talked for a while and she says it sounds like I am doing well. She has re-issued my scripts for 1 year, which is good, just in case we have a shortage related to the virus. And I promised her that I would come to the office for lab work as soon as the crisis is over.  

I am playing lots of scrabble, WWF and Lexulous during the down-time, and I am so grateful for all the games to distract me from being stuck at home.

What are you doing these days?

4 comments:

ahmed said...

شركة مكافحة دبابير بالقطيف

ahmed said...

شركات التنظيف بالقطيف

Pat said...

What am I doing these days? to put it bluntly - Bugger all! I'm in isolation at home so I'm so grateful that I had the Family here for my birthday. Goodness knows when I shall ever be face to face with another human again.
Thank you for pointing out the good things like the lack of pollution etc.
I have much work to keep me busy - no help in the house. Thank goodness for a lovely home and garden. Stay well both of you and stay safe.xox

Joared said...

Sounds like you’re coping well. Technology has been a boon to me, too, for contact with others — family and friends. Other than that I pretty much occupy my time with ordinary activities as others do including reading, viewing an occasional movie. I haven’t been in any grocery stores since before this virus became an issue. Guess we’re in this for some time to come. Stay safe!