Sunday, December 08, 2019

Too Old to Cut the Mustard

I was excited to hear that our usual crew (Mel Day's Dogwood Tree Floral) was going to decorate our Governor's Mansion again this year (the 19th for me). I love being there, and helping to decorate that gorgeous mansion for the Holidays.

But after a few hours of standing up to make 2 wreaths, I realized I had no business being there at my age.  I also made one arrangement, a small one...and then I sat to make 64 bows. Sitting is fine, but after 50 bows, my hands were aching and my back was still in spasm. 

We were given a nice lunch:  both regular and sweet potatoes with vegan chili and all the trimmings, plus salad and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. I prefer their oatmeal raisin cookies, but I'll have to wait until another time for those. 

I go back for the party next week, and I am looking forward to seeing what was done after I left to go home. I will take pics then, and try to post them here for you. 

2 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I always look forward to seeing the end results of all your hard work each year.

sage said...

I have always enjoyed your posts about decorating the Old North State’s governor’s mansion

www.thepulpitandthepen.com