Tuesday, April 23, 2019

I Saw a Pair of Shoes...

on-line, somewhere.  Edited below!!

Against all better judgment, I ordered them. They were emerald green leather - very vibrant in color - and I couldn't wait to get them.


The shoes come from China, although that is not evident from the advertisement. The name of the company was "GiftHer", but when the PayPal receipt came, it had been billed as "Dandelion".  The same shoes were advertised on Facebook and, Instagram and Pinterest by other companies. 


Long story short:  they came yesterday and they are lime green metallic (not leather)  and so cheap looking you'd think they came from a very poor street corner in NYC. 

For all this, I paid $54, including shipping. They are not worth 54  cents. This is the last time I order shoes on-line!

I have requested to return them and get a refund, but I doubt that will be possible. 

EDIT:  I found out that the rules for returning are punitive, in that you have 14 days to get them back to China, and the cost to return them is more than the cost to get them here in the first place. 

They offered me a 10% discount, which I took, and that is less than the postage to return them would have been. I will donate the shoes to a charity. 


3 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Oh no, what a shame. It's risky buying shoes on-line because of the sizing I think. I hope you are able to return them.

Celia said...

I bought a pair of inexpensive embroidered slippers that came from China, no surprise I think they looked Chinese. Didn't fit but I have seven grandgirls and they fit one of them. Didn't last long enough to pass down though. Didn't cost enough to pay postage to return them either. My other shoe ordering experience online has not been good either except for Clark's shoes, not fun shoes (sigh) but reliably fitting everyday shoes.

Granny Annie said...

I order Cloudwalker shoes from Avenue. The clothes are for plus size women but the shoes are all sizes of wide feet. I have never ordered a pair that I did not love but they are more than 54 cents. If, by chance, your feet are wide, you would love these shoes.