Thursday, February 14, 2019

Treasure Hunts

On Tuesday, one of the clubs here in our neighborhood put on a "treasure hunt". The theme was "gadgets and gizmos". I had never been to one before, but I had a general idea of them.  Since most of us are over 55, we played the game differently. Everyone brought a bag of stuff to the clubhouse and as each item on a list was called out, if our table had one, a "runner" took it to the judging table. 


These pics show some of what I took to the hunt. I was surprised at some of the people; who brought large items such as salad spinners and heating pads. But I suppose they had been to one of our treasure hunts before and knew what to expect.

My table mate is 90 years old. She showed remarkable acuity in knowing what to bring. A few other tables had runners who tried to get objects past the judges that were not really what was wanted or called for. But it was all done in fun and in an effort to create laughter - which it did. Our table did not win, place or show -  but we had a lot of fun and that's all that matters.  

No comments: